Terms and Conditions
By purchasing a ticket you confirm that you have read, understood and accept the following terms and conditions:
We do not guarantee that your tour will take place at the scheduled time. Schedules may change without notice for a variety of reasons including, but not limited, to bad weather and technical disruptions. Scheduled times do not form part of your contract with us.
We reserve the right to cancel or change a tour or to replace any boats at any time in the interests of passenger safety. Weather and sea conditions can change quickly and this may alter the status of your tour at any time. In rough sea conditions, the boat captain may increase child age limits or place restrictions on or refuse to carry passengers with medical conditions and/or limited mobility and on passengers who are pregnant.
We may refuse to carry you if we, acting reasonably, are not completely satisfied that it is practicable and safe for you to participate in the tour. Before you make any booking you must tell us if you (including all participants in your booking) suffer from any illness, disease or other mobility or medical condition which may make it impracticable or unsafe for you or other passengers to participate in the tour, or if you think you could be affected by adverse sea and weather conditions.
All tours carry a degree of risk and by participating in the tour provided by us you are expressly assuming those risks personally and are, to the maximum extent permitted by law, releasing us and our officers and employees from any liability, claims, losses, damages or expenses caused by any event, including, but not limited to: personal injury or death, property loss or damage, acts which may be construed as negligent or accidental, any other loss, damage, suffering, emotional or nervous disorder.
To ensure maximum safety and enjoyment of the tour by yourself and other passengers you must follow all reasonable instructions given by our staff before, during and after the tour and you agree that you will ensure that any children in your care do the same. You are responsible for the safety and protection of your own personal possessions at all times.
Even if you have a booking, we may refuse to carry you if we reasonably believe that carrying you may put the safety of the boat or the safety or health of any person in the boat in danger or at risk, or if you have not obeyed the instructions of our staff or a member of the crew of the boat relating to safety or security, or if you require special assistance and you have not previously made arrangements for such assistance, or if you are drunk or under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or we reasonably believe you are in unlawful possession of drugs.
Check in Deadline
Check-in deadlines apply and may be strictly enforced. To help us get your tour away on time, ensure you are at the departure point by the time specified. You will not be able to check-in after the check-in deadline. Arrival after the check-in deadline may result in you losing your tour and the entire fare paid. The boat will not be held for you if you arrive late at the departure point. We are not liable to you for any direct or indirect loss or damage you may suffer as a result of your late arrival at either check in or the departure point.
There is no guarantee that whales will be seen on your tour. In the event your tour does not sight a whale we guarantee to refund 80% of your tour cost. This refund guarantee does not apply to Nature Cruises (i.e. tours not focused on Whale Watching)
Summary of fare conditions
The name Whale Watch Kaikoura will appear on cardholder statements for bookings made through this website.
In the event that your tour is cancelled due to adverse sea or weather conditions a full refund will be given.
Booking Cancellation or Changes
To cancel or change your booking please contact us by:
0800 655 121
+ 64 3 319 6767
+ 64 3 319 6545
- No charge applies to any booking changes made!
- No booking fee is charged!
- No credit card transaction fee is charged!
- No refunds will be given in the event of your failure to notify us of your cancellation before the check-in time!
- We accept VISA, MASTERCARD and UNION PAY credit cards! (Please Note: Union Pay Co-Association Visa or Mastercard can be used for online bookings, Union Pay Credit Card or Debit Card cannot be used for online bookings)
By purchasing a tour ticket you are saying that you understand and accept the above terms and conditions and also that you:
(1) agree that your successors, executors, administrators and next of kin are bound by the terms and conditions;
(2) agree, to the maximum extent permitted by law, not to commence any litigation or proceedings in any country in relation to the risks and perils of the tour and to indemnify us against any such claims;
(3) consent to receive medical treatment in the case of injury, accident or illness during the tour and to indemnify us against any claims in respect of this treatment;
(4) agree that any photographs, films, sound, video or other recordings taken of events or people by anyone during the tour will not be used in any promotion or advertising without our consent, however, we may use such images or recordings at our complete discretion without any prior approval;
(5) confirm that the email address you have provided belongs to you or is authorised for your use and that you consent to us sending to you, from time to time and until such time as you unsubscribe, marketing information (including surveys) in relation to our business and your experience with us;
(6) agree that this Agreement is governed by New Zealand law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
Any personal information we collect from you will be kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate, however that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission. By purchasing a tour ticket you are confirming that the use of your email address for marketing or survey purposes as mentioned above is an authorised use of your personal information under the Privacy Act 1993.
Please enjoy your Whale Watch tour and feel free to ask any of our staff should you require further information or clarification regarding the above terms and conditions.